I hadn’t really expected to be tagged for this and don’t ask me why. I really don’t know but within a week of each other Jennifer & Hannah tagged me and I am super happy about it. Thank you, guys! Since two people have tagged me, my post is going to be a long one. I am going to answer all of the questions. Or at least, try to.
The rules for the award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What inspired you to start blogging?
Well, when I started this blog, I was just getting better from my depression, I had really started to be cautiously optimistic and somehow one day, I just decided to blog about anything and everything. It was directionless at the beginning but now, it’s better, I think.
2. Favourite book genre?
It’s hands down going to be fantasy for me, I used to read romance a lot but frankly, the one thing or rather the one genre that stuck with me is fantasy. I doubt it’s gonna change any time soon.
3. What was the earliest book you remember reading?
I think it was a children’s version of the Indian mythology? About Ramayana in Marathi, if I remember correctly. Apart from that, I remember reading a children’s magazine (once again Marathi) very clearly.
4. Which book character are you?
If I had to pick, I think I am a cross between Luna Lovegood, Pippin Took and maybe Matilda? Don’t ask me this! It was so hard to think on this.
5. What superpower would you want to have?
I think I would love to have the power to create anything I wished to have. Imagine. You can have all the skills!! That way, you aren’t being lazy but you are also getting stuff out of it! And people will definitely pay for that sort of thing, right?
6. Favourite book-to-film adaptations?
Hmm…..Maybe Lord of the Rings trilogy. And no, Hobbit not included. I think Peter Jackson did a fairly admirable job with the films. I would recommend watching the extended editions though.
7. What is your favourite quote?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
8. Where in the world do you want to travel?
Oh, boy. Where do I not want to travel? Gimme every place ever but if I were to pick few that I would love to visit first, it would be Italy, Ireland, Greece, Norway.
9. What fictional world would you want to visit?
This is one of the easiest answers! I would kill to visit Middle Earth. Can you imagine? Looking at Rivendell or Lothlorien or even better! Shire! Ugh.
10. Current favourite song?
So, this is embarrassing. I am currently obsessed with Skam? And I have been listening to the ‘Evak’ song for a while now. It’s Gabrielle’s 5 fine frøkner.
11. Sunset or sunrise?
Sunset. I am very definitely not a morning person. Although I have nothing against sunrise, I have seen a few of them and they are super pretty, too but it’s just sunsets for me.
- What is the first series you remember binge-reading?
I think the first series I remember binge-reading would be Harry Potter? At the time, it wasn’t finished so I had like, four books? I read them many times and during that time, I was also introduced to Lord of the Rings. You can imagine how that went.
2. Which do you find easier: naming your favourite book or naming your five favourite books? And why?
I think it’s easier to name a single book because it’s always going to be Lord of the Rings. I think it’s easier to name a single book because I can’t really decide on the top five, they change, ok? I mean, for one year it might be a specific bunch of books but for other, it could be entirely different, as it should be, I think. But yeah, I have very fond memories of Tolkien’s books in general so it’s easier to name one trilogy that changed my life than multiple books that are constantly changing my life.
3. Which book would you want to hand your 15-year-old self?
I think I would love to give Radio Silence by Alice Oseman to my 15-year-old self. It has such a good message overall and ace representation. I used to find really odd that I wasn’t super attracted to anyone. So, yeah. Radio Silence.
4. Which is the latest book to make you angry?
Ooh!! Latest book to make me angry….I am not sure in what way I am supposed to take this question but I will try? I think it was Bookshop Girl by Chloe Coles? It had so much potential and it was never realised, I think it disappointed me more than angered me but that’s the only one I can think of?
5. If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, which would it be?
It will always be fantasy as I said before, fantasy offers me something that most other genres don’t. And the best thing about it is that if you want other genres, you can have a lot of them mixed in with fantasy.
6. What is the one book in a genre you don’t normally enjoy that you love anyway?
I think it’s romance? As in traditional romance genre? I used to enjoy it a a lot but it started to be a bit boring for me. However I do enjoy romance in other genres if done well. I have literally stopped reading proper romance novels and I doubt I will pick them up any time soon but if romance is part of a book from a genre I like then I will definitely read it.
7. What is the best museum you ever visited?
The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, abbreviated CSMVS and formerly named the Prince of Wales Museum of Western India, it has such a large and fascinating collection and I have been there twice now and I am sure I haven’t been able to capture everything to my satisfaction.
8. What activity do you do when life stresses you out?
I listen to music, I also try to do small, mindless chores that would perhaps lessen the stress and also turn out to be productive.
9. Is the Hogwarts House you’d want to be in the same as the one you think you’d actually be sorted into?
Funnily enough, yes. I always thought Ravenclaw was a pretty cool house and it seemed to be full of people odd in ways that wasn’t quite normal like me. At one point I thought Slytherin was cooler than Ravenclaw but my house pride reared up and shot that thought down.
10. Do you like to cook? If yes, what is your best dish?
I love to cook and I think Pav Bhaji is my best dish? Along with some other Maharashtrian dishes.
11. Staying up all night or getting up for sunrise?
Staying up all night! Always.
- What do you think is your defining quality? (Something that people immediately see once they get to know you.)
- What book changed your way of thinking? Or your overall outlook towards certain things.
- What is more important for you, the plot or the characters? What can make you stick it out to the end if everything else is failing in a book?
- What do you do to get through a reading slump?
- Do you have book buying bans for yourself?
- What is the one thing that you can not stand in a book?
- What do you consider yourself, introvert or extrovert?
- What is the one thing on your bucket list that you want to do more than anything?
- What do you wish there was more of in your life in general?
- Can you describe your style?
- If you could, what would you change about your life?
Absolutely no pressure but if you are doing it, please, let me know!! Can’t wait to read your answers.